Thursday, October 9, 2014

Third Sentence Thursday #4



Third Sentence Thursday #4

Hello lovely people! Welcome to the second new meme that is going to be going on weekly here at Triquetra Reviews! This meme is hosted by That's What She Read and the rules are simple! 

You take whatever book you're reading and share the third sentence on a random page that you flip to. This way readers get to get a little snippet of the book without too much information being given away, which is just the way I like my snippets! Short, sweet, and to the point. 


This week I'm reading Whisper the Dead by Alyxandra Harvey - I'm absolutely smitten with this series! I high recommend it! 



I can't stop myself with just one sentence so here's a small chunk that starts with the first full sentence and ends on the fifth. 

"It smells like an old lady in here," Gretchen said. Emma had already arrived and was handing her shawl to the butler, Battersea. A moth flew out of her hair.
'It smells like a garden,' Penelope corrected.
'Same thing.' Gretchen shrugged, following her into the drawing room."

I love these cousins - they're hilarious, strong and courageous. I'm almost done with this book. Be on the lookout for a review in the next few days! 

Have you read the first book in the Lovegrove Legacy? Make sure to check out my review here



No comments: