Sunday, July 27, 2014

Excerpt: Rebellion by J.D.Netto




Rebellion by J.D Netto
The Whispers of the Fallen Book # 2
Genre-YA Fantasy
Publication Date- May 30, 2014


Smoke rises from the ruins of fallen kingdoms. Forgotten secrets have been revealed. In the darkness of the world, Lucifer’s army grows.
The quest of the book-bearers grows even more perilous when Isaac and his companions discover that ancient enemies have risen from the Heart of Elysium, seeking to snatch the Book of Letters from their hands. The Nephilins are now aided by Xavier, one of the Fallen Rulers. Villages have been brought to the ground by armies of Shadows. Creatures from the Abyss now lurk in the mountains and forests, longing to kill whoever crosses their path.
Isaac and his companions must find courage to overcome their fears as they continue their journey throughout Elysium.



Excerpt Darkness—that was all I could see. I looked down, trying to catch a glimpse of my feet as they trampled upon the unseen ground. An invisible force pulled me while I listened to the sound of many voices. It was bitter cold; my fingertips grew numb with every step I took. It was quiet here—too quiet. My heartbeat sounded like drums softly played by weak hands. Something lay in the darkness ahead of me. My eyes squinted in an attempt to better visualize the unrecognizable. My breathing failed once I realized it was her—it was Nephele.
Emotions stirred within me; rage shadowed my mind as I approached her body. She attempted to stand to her feet, feebly moving her arms. It was apparent that an invisible power pinned her down. My wings made their way out of my back as rage continued to take over. I grasped my sword, marching in her direction. I knelt next to her. Our eyes met.
Without hesitating, I pierced her left hand; blood flowed like a waterfall. Her body trembled as she opened her mouth to scream, but no sound came forth.
You deserve to die, I thought, standing back on my feet. The memories of all the pain she had caused me played over in my head. I placed my right foot on her skull, pressing it against the ground. I sank my sword into her chest. I was clueless of my whereabouts, but happy to know that my mortal enemy lay here, defenseless. The sound of her slowing heartbeat invaded my ears. I lifted my foot from her head, kneeling next to her once again. “You see,” I whispered in her ear. “Even with all of your dark powers, Nephele, in the end, you will never win.”
Make sure to check out the whole series! Look at these awesome Promo Posters for the books!





J.D.Netto (Jorge de Oliveira Netto) is brazilian-born. Raised in Framingham, MA, J.D.Netto always had an eye for epic fantasy and story-telling. At an early age, he had the habit of locking himself in his room, turning on any soundtrack he could find, and there he would write for hours.During his senior year in High School, J.D.Netto had an idea that changed his life, 'What if Lucifer had a Diary? What if the Diary was a secret? What if the secret was a reality?' These simple questions led him to write for six consecutive years, researching, perfecting his craft, and creating the world of Elysium. All the promotional visuals for the series were designed by J.D.Netto, proving that he is not only a writer, but an innovative visual designer.
FUN FACTS-
He was born in a really small town in Brazil and relocated to the U.S.A. at the age of 11.
J.D. grew up in Framingham, MA.
He plays keyboard and is also a songwriter.
He can wiggle his ears.
Started drawing at the age of three.


Links-
Instagram: jdnetto

Giveaway Info-
For a chance at a first edition copy of the first book in the series, go to Instagram and follow JDNetto. Send him a direct message on Instagram to enter.


No comments: