Saturday, May 10, 2014

Review: Practical Prosperity Magick by Ellen Dugan


Practical Prosperity Magick: Creating Success and Abundance
 by Ellen Dugan
Publishers: Llewellyn Publications
Published: June 8th, 2014
Pages: 240
Break down blocks that have kept you from achieving your goals and let Ellen Dugan show you how to correctly work magick to achieve prosperity. Filled with humor and no-nonsense advice, this book has numerous spells, charms and rituals as well as the foundations for success. You'll learn about the seven hermetic laws and the law of attraction. You'll see how the question of prosperity is framed by the four natural elements and discover the basics of magick. Included are easy and practical techniques to stay upbeat, remove negative thoughts, draw good luck and money quickly, transform bad luck to good, remove obstacles, and much more. This is the ideal guide for magically overcoming challenges to success and prosperity, even in our current economy.


Hey all!

Thanks to Llewellyn Publications via Netgalley for giving me a free copy of the book in return for an honest review.

It's been a while since I reviewed a witchy book huh? To all my Wiccan/Pagan/New Age etc followers - sorry!

The cover is a lovely green (perfect color for abundance no?) Doesn't give too much away but I like the vibe it throws off.

The book starts off kinda heavy. This isn't just a "get rich quick" guide. Mrs. Dugan really sits down and shows you what you need to do to change yourself and therefore change your path. One thing that was thankfully drilled into my head while reading was that "thought creates!" This had turned into a mantra of mine and it has helped me get through many a tough time in the past few weeks that I've been reading this. Oh yes, you read that right, it has taken me not only one or two days, but rather close to a month and a half of reading this, changing my attitude and changing my life.

We start with the Seven Hermetic Laws. For those of you that practice magick you might want to take notes (I did.) I had never really paid attention to these laws,  but they've helped in my practice and in everyday life. I now pay closer attention to what I think. Thought creates. What you send out there via your mental energies WILL come back to you. I have noticed that through changing my energetic vibe by putting out better thoughts that my world has become less gray.

The spells and rituals outlined were clear, concise and very easy to put together. No crazy materials were necessary and most went off without a hitch. I haven't tried all of them, but a majority and I wasn't disappointed with any.

Very impressed with this book. I'll definitely be buying it when it comes out on June 8th of this year.


No comments: