Sunday, May 11, 2014

Review: The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater


The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle #2) by Maggie Stiefvater
Publishers: Scholastic Press
Published: September 17th, 2013
Pages: 439
Now that the ley lines around Cabeswater have been woken, nothing for Ronan, Gansey, Blue, and Adam will be the same.

Ronan, for one, is falling more and more deeply into his dreams, and his dreams are intruding more and more into waking life.

Meanwhile, some very sinister people are looking for some of the same pieces of the Cabeswater puzzle that Gansey is after...



It was lovely to see Ronan on the cover of this one, or at least what I'm pretty sure is Ronan. With the crows, that reminded me of Chainsaw, and the whole "crow coming out of the guy into the real world" I DEFINITELY think it's him.

This book drew me in and had me spell-bound from the very first paragraph. Every word that Maggie Stiefvater writes seems like it was chosen carefully for maximum effect. I feel like her work is just poetry. I love reading certain passages aloud because some words just fit together so well, and they sound so nice together.

I haven't found an author that can do what she does with the English language.

Whenever I read her writing I always have a sense of melancholy that hangs over my head, but for some odd reason, I like it. I feel like I got so wrapped up in this story - and some things are pretty deep - that I couldn't help but not only to read the story, but to feel it as it happened.

5 triquetras to this sequel. I'm waiting anxiously for the third.

No comments: