Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Review: Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo



Siege and Storm (The Grisha #2) by Leigh Bardugo
Publishers: Henry Holt & Co.
Published: June 4th, 2013
Pages: 432
Darkness never dies.

Hunted across the True Sea, haunted by the lives she took on the Fold, Alina must try to make a life with Mal in an unfamiliar land. She finds starting new is not easy while keeping her identity as the Sun Summoner a secret. She can’t outrun her past or her destiny for long.

The Darkling has emerged from the Shadow Fold with a terrifying new power and a dangerous plan that will test the very boundaries of the natural world. With the help of a notorious privateer, Alina returns to the country she abandoned, determined to fight the forces gathering against Ravka. But as her power grows, Alina slips deeper into the Darkling’s game of forbidden magic, and farther away from Mal. Somehow, she will have to choose between her country, her power, and the love she always thought would guide her--or risk losing everything to the oncoming storm.


Holy hot damn batman. This book was so amazing. The cover is pretty cool, I like how it's not your average cover of girl and boy on the front looking all cool. Kinda shows that this is all about Ravka and how to save the country instead of focusing on one person.

I've been meaning to read this for awhile (almost a year now) but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I was so nervous for how it would come out and I guess I was a little justified in that. The ending is a doozy. The whole story just wrapped me up and I'll admit that the glum situations got to me in real life and I had a little bit of a cry...which isn't that great. I'm an ugly crier.

Alina made me so mad. So. Mad. I liked her for it. Sorta. She really, really made me mad though. The way she treated Mal...and the way power and greed went to her head. Urgh. I want to slap some sense into her...big time.


This book left me in a serious book hangover, it was crazy. Even now thinking back I'm in a fog and I don't know if I like it and that's a good thing or I hate it and this is a bad thing. So much happened and I'm still flabbergasted over the ending. Like...boom way to kill my heart.

5 amazing triquetras. I highly recommend this for anyone.

No comments: