Thursday, March 27, 2014

Review: Djinn by Laura Catherine


Djinn (Djinn #1) by Laura Catherine
Publishers: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
Published: November 5th, 2013
Pages: 320
Kyra’s life is far from normal.

She's been on the run for as long as she can remember and her father is the only stable thing in her life, but everything changes when the people pursuing them finally catch up.

Kyra is abducted by the handsome and mysterious, Will. He takes her to a secret compound where she is told the truth: She's a Djinn, a genie-like creature with super powers and a love of dogs.

Kyra has to adjust to the Djinn and their rules, but her new life is far from perfect. Everyone is hiding something and the one person Kyra cares about most is forbidden to her.

There are secrets around every corner and more dangers than Kyra could ever imagine as she struggles to find herself and be with the one she loves.


First a quick thanks to the author for giving me a copy of the book when I won a giveaway! I love winning books and this was a great prize!

Cover! I think this cover is really awesome. The colors are great and it gives an air of mystery, but once you read the story it all comes together.

I went through emotions in this book just like Kyra did. At first everything was happy and then - BOOM - your life turns upside down. I went up and down with her and I was confused during part of the book -wondering where these plot turns were going to go. However, things progress nicely and I enjoyed how time moved pretty quickly. If something wasn't important then we didn't hear about it, which is how I like my books to go. If there's a three week period and only one event goes on then I don't need to hear about all three weeks, which is something that Laura Catherine does nicely.

I admit that I was shocked that the ending was the ending. I went to turn the book and...nothing. I was pretty sad that it ended! Remember how I said that there were ups and downs? Make sure to grab some tissues towards the ending, you're going to need them.

If you guys like romance (you have to if you're here right?) then you'll be in for a treat. At one point it looks like not a love triangle, but a rectangle...although not really? You'll just have to read this to understand.

I loved all the mythology that was in the book. I've never really looked in the Djinn so it was really interesting to look at something that isn't as popular as say, vampires are. Very original content and I was super pleased! Book two next?!?

No comments: