Monday, July 8, 2013

Review: Wondrous Strange


Wondrous Strange
Wondrous Strange by Lesley Livingston

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Lovely story!

****MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!****








As a Pagan I enjoy how the gates are named after Imbolc, Beltane, Lughnasadh and Samhain. Very happy with the authors thinking on that one.
Again, with Herne being in charge of the hunt, since Herne can be considered "The Horned God." Very nice there.

One qualm I have is with Sonny and Kelley's relationship and how quickly it developed. It seems as if they were professing their love out of no where. There was some tension in the beginning, but it also seems as if they went from hating each other, and really, Kelly thinking that he's a stalker, and then they're saying that they love each other.
Don't get me wrong, I loved the way it happened and I still really, really like the relationship. I just think that it didn't progress as smoothly as I would've liked for it to.

I also think that Auberon is a jerk. A really big douche bag in fact.

Oh and speaking of Auberon, I do really like how Auberon is in charge of one realm and Titania is in charge of another. Most tales stick those two together as King and Queen, so it was nice to see a change even though we don't meet Titania or the Lord of Spring in this book - maybe book 2?

Overall good read, decent romance, good suspense and at the end you'll start flipping pages like there's no tomorrow.



View all my reviews

No comments: