Saturday, July 20, 2013

Review: Spells


Spells
Spells by Aprilynne Pike

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I give this three stars because I'm stubborn and I didn't quite like the ending.

This review is going to be personal instead of professional.

Laurel pisses me off and I love Shar for yelling at her at the end of the novel, she deserved it for all the crap she's been pulling on everyone.
She's lied to Chelsea, David, her parents, Tamani, everyone and quite frankly she annoys the hell out of me.

She's turning into one of those pea-brained girls in novels who thinks that she's strong enough to "handle" life and death situations because she's too stupid to ask for help. In the long run it just hurts everyone.

I couldn't even feel bad for her when things went wrong in the love triangle she has going, because that too pisses me off.

She even acknowledged herself that she's straddling two worlds and she can't do that anymore. So she's being selfish and choosing the human world. I understand her to a degree, but at the same time she's just annoying me.

Honestly I can't see why Tamani or David would like/ "love" her at all.


Not too sure why I'm feeling so strongly towards the hate for Laurel, but it's there.



View all my reviews

No comments: