Saturday, February 9, 2013

Review: A Million Suns


A Million Suns
A Million Suns by Beth Revis

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I've waited a long time to read this, since it's been a long time since I could get my hands on a copy of the book. I didn't quite remember where Across the Universe left off, but I still think that this was a pretty good book.
It was depressing as hell and made me think way too much, but it was good.

Except...Amy pissed me off. So. Bad. She's stubborn, and selfish and I just do not like her. Throughout the book she tries to get Elder to run the ship the way she wants it, or thinks it needs to be run. She didn't like Phydus so the people were taken off, she doesn't like Orion, so he had to stay frozen. It's really quite annoying. I understand that Elder is devoted to her, that he loves her (only he never says that,) but it ticks me off at how everything has to be just the way she wants it. She demands so much from Elder, yet doesn't really give that much in return. She should have told him about Luthor right when it happened, not three months later after Victria is hurt. She wallows in self-pity and self-made fear and then shuts Elder out, when he's the only one that is there to help her.

So, besides for Amy I think it was a decent book, but since Amy is the FMC, the book only gets 3 stars.



View all my reviews

No comments: