Tuesday, December 12, 2017

12 Days of Love Letter Writing



Hey everyone! Today I have a very special post I'd like to share! 
For the past few years, I have been following a blog called More Love Letters. The concept is simple - you write a love letter to a stranger. The movement started with leaving notes in unusual places - tucked into library books, on cafe tables, in bicycle handbaskets. It was a way to share a bit of love, with a stranger, without feeling like an awkward mess. 



The movement grew. They started getting requests and I signed up for their newsletter. Every now and then I get an email, filled with requests and I bust out my pen and paper (my favorite shop is La Papierre!) and I pour my heart out to those who don't know me and who will never know me, or my name. It makes my soul feel full. 

This year I'm excited to partner up with them to share this story with you, during their 12 Days of Love Letter Writing. Below you'll read their campaign and right under that is the letter request I'm asking YOU for help with.  Her struggles are close to my heart, as someone who also has had struggles with self-harm and eating disorders. Bust out your best penmanship and let's shine a lot of love into Emma's life.




From December 4-15, The World Needs More Love Letters is rolling out its biggest, grandest, most festive love letter writing campaign of the year! 
For the last six years, we’ve been putting a bow on the holiday season by rolling out 12 letter requests over a span of 12 days. That’s no joke… 12 days, 12 letter requests, and a whole lot of holiday loving. The 12 Days of Love Letter Writing is a perfect way for you to show up this season and help people in need around the world. Grab your friends or classmates, kids or students, and rally together to bring some goodwill into the world this December. All you need is some stationery and a few stamps. 
Each day, we will publish a new letter request to the More Love Letters blog. Write one letter or submit a note to all 12 bundles! The choice is yours! All letters should be postmarked by December 20, 2017. Your love letters will be bundled up with other letters from across the world and delivered by the new year!So pour some hot cocoa, pull out your most festive cards, and join us on social media for a letter writing marathon starting December 4! 

Homepage:

12 Days Landing Page
http://www.moreloveletters.com/12days (where action will take place!)



The Request
Tuesday, December 12


A friend of Emma’s requested a bundle for her + shared with us some of her story. She wrote:


“Emma is struggling a lot. She is currently recovering from an eating disorder, but struggles immensely with it. She also struggles with suicidal thoughts, self-harm, and has had to be hospitalized for several weeks. She has a hard time believing in herself and her abilities, and she tells herself constantly that no one cares about her and that she's not worth anything. I've tried so much to help her and to remind her of her potential and how much I love her, but she won't listen to anyone who knows her because she feels that they're lying to her. I really feel like she needs some reminders from people and some encouragement. Messages of hope, encouragement, and love from strangers might be all she needs to find herself again. She is only thirteen years old and has her whole life ahead of her. Her family is trying so hard to keep her alive, and would appreciate help from others. I miss her happy, sweet self and would love to see her like that again.”


Grab your pens and join us as we write some love letters to Emma!


PLEASE MAIL ALL LOVE LETTERS BY DECEMBER 20 TO:


Emma’s bundle
℅ Natalie S.
5033 N Kilt Ave
Meridian, ID 83646

USA

No comments: